February 5, 2010

The Kids' Bathroom


It is done. It only took us 5 months and 3,246 trips to Home Depot, but we finished it. When I say "we" I mean my husband. I retrieved hammers and drill bits upon request.

Five minutes after the big unveiling ceremony, I caught Cortlen licking the wall.

"I accidentally flicked some toothpaste on there," he explained. "I'm just getting it off."

Later that night, my daughter flooded the floor.

"How am I supposed to know when the water in the bathtub is 'too high'? she complained.

Cameron capped off the evening by throwing a spoon in toilet. Not surprisingly, Kellen flushed it.

The next morning I declared the kids' bathroom off limits for persons under the age of 18.

In a few months, I can hose them down in the back yard. Until then, they can clean themselves with baby wipes.